The Commune of Przygodzice is located in the southern part of the Wielkopolska Province, in the Ostrów Wielkopolski County. It has a total area of 163.39 square km. State roads No 11 and No 25 cross this area together with the railway line connecting the Silesia Province with the Baltic coast. Forests and woods cover 45% of the area and 4% is covered by fish ponds. The commune has 11 601 inhabitants.
Gmina Przygodzice is the main public authority which is responsible for governmental and administrative issues and coordinates the all services of public institutions and organizations in region. Our Commune takes an active role in the economic, cultural, educational and social development of region.
The Commune of Przygodzice undertakes the following such prerogatives and activities in terms of economic, social and cultural inclusion of people into society:
• Providing cooperation and communication among the people and institutions in region
• Strengthening and promoting equity and social inclusion of the people with disadvantaged backgrounds and fewer opportunities
such as disability, educational difficulties, economic obstacles, cultural differences, health problems, social and geographical
• Fostering people’s sense of active European citizenship
• Facilitating the access to employment, entrepreneurship, education and training
• Enhancing formal and non-formal education on intercultural dialogue and solidarity
• Fostering equal opportunities for all, especially those at risk of exclusion
• Promoting cultural and artistic activities to encourage the expression of social commitment and of actively contributing to the
quality of life.
• Preserving environment in local area and in the world and taking action to protect the nature
• Encouraging the people to take part in voluntary activities and projects in local and international level and to participate in civil
society actively. Inclusion of the people in the civil society, economic and cultural life independently of their age, race, religion,
gender and level of education
• Promoting social, professional and personal development of people.