T.C. Tuzla Kaymakamlığı, situated in Tuzla, Istanbul, Turkey, is a district governorship established in 1992 in accordance with the law no. 3806 of The Ministry of Inferior Affairs. T.C. Tuzla Kaymakamlığı is the main public authority which is responsible for governmental and administrative issues in the district and coordinates the all services of public institutions and organizations in Tuzla. Our organisation takes an active role in the economic, cultural, educational and social development of Tuzla.
Tuzla District Governorship undertakes the following such prerogatives and activities in terms of economic, social and cultural inclusion of people into society:
• Establishing the membership standards of European Union in Tuzla, district of Istanbul in the process of pre-accession and after the accession of Turkey’s membership.
• Providing cooperation and communication among the people and institutions in Tuzla in order to adapt and implement the Acquis Communautaire of European Commission
• Strengthening and promoting equity and social inclusion of the people with disadvantaged backgrounds and fewer opportunities such as disability, educational difficulties, economic obstacles, cultural differences, health problems, social and geographical obstacles
• Fostering people’s sense of active European citizenship
• Facilitating the access to employment, entrepreneurship, education and training
• Enhancing formal and non-formal education on intercultural dialogue and solidarity
• Fostering equal opportunities for all, especially those at risk of exclusion
• Promoting cultural and artistic activities to encourage the expression of social commitment and of actively contributing to the quality of life.
• Disseminating the maritime culture in Tuzla which is the heart of maritime
• Preserving environment and sea life in local area and in the world and taking action to protect the nature
• Encouraging the people to take part in voluntary activities and projects in local and international level and to participate in civil society actively. Inclusion of the people in the civil society, economic and cultural life independently of their age, race, religion, gender and level of education
• Promoting social, professional and personal development of people.